Monday, March 19, 2012

50 year anniversary


Primary lesson yesterday was on Alma baptizing people after being converted by Abinadi.
We asked the 11 year old what the remembered about their baptism......(what 3 years ago?) ... "Oh....I don't remember, that...!" and I say...

"You must remember, I can remember mine, and that was 50 years ago!" and so it is 50 years ago this year in May that our family joined the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. May 12 1962 mom and dad joined the church and 2 weeks later 8 year old me was baptized in Davenport Iowa.
Then 1963 summer vacation we went to Salt LAke and we sealed as a family.....the rest, is a novel of volumes and volumes of good works and service, good times and growth in the gospel.......more later.....

50 year baptism anniverary-age 8)
more anniversaries this year in 2012
This is my 40 year from High School graduation reunion. (age 18)
My 30 year married to JT NEW Anniverary.(age 28)
Multiples of 8 must be my lucky number? remember Mark V. and his 41? just thinking, never connected the dots, what else could I be missing here?

10 years at Pediatric Physicians IN the office (have been taking call for them longer)
Now that opens up a can of worms......what will the rest of THIS year bring

No comments: